TSA in Idaho
The Technology Student Association (TSA) is the only student organization devoted exclusively to the needs of students interested in technology. Open to Idaho students enrolled in, or who have completed, Engineering Technology Education or related Technology courses. Idaho TSA is supported by educators, parents and business leaders who believe in the need for a technologically literate society. TSA chapters take the study of STEM (science, technology, engineering, mathematics) beyond the classroom, and give students the chance to pursue academic challenges, technology based career development events & leadership opportunities.
Idaho TSA was chartered in 1978 when TSA was the American Industrial Arts Student Association (AIASA Inc.). In 1988 AIASA changed its name to Technology Student Association (TSA). Today TSA has over 233,000 middle and high school students, 2500 teachers (advisors), in over 2000 schools, in 49 States.
Benefits of Being a TSA Member
- Enhance technological literacy.
- Work on complex activities from start to finish.
- Compete on local, state, and national levels.
- Develop leadership skills through TSA's customized program, LEAP.
- Explore STEM career options.
- Attend organized meetings.
- Meet and work with business and industry leaders.
- Network with students and teachers with similar interests from across the United States.
- Contribute time and effort to a national service project.
- Receive national membership communications, including emails and the online TSA newsletter.
- Gain recognition through TSA’s honor society and scholarships.
- Have a voice in a national organization that is helping to shape the future of technology and engineering education.